What is blood pressure?
How do you know if blood pressure is high, low, or just right?
- Normal: Less than 120/80 mm Hg. People in this range generally have heart-healthy diets and habits.
- Elevated: From 120-129 systolic and less than 80 mm Hg diastolic. People in this range often develop high blood pressure unless diets and habits change.
- Hypertension Stage 1: From 130-139 systolic or 80-89 mm Hg diastolic. People in this range generally are prescribed lifestyle changes and possibly medication.
- Hypertension Stage 2: 140/90 mm Hg or higher. People in this range generally are prescribed both lifestyle changes and medication.
- Hypertensive crisis: Higher than 180/120 mm Hg. Individuals require medical attention.
How do you lower high blood pressure?
What can I do to monitor my blood pressure?
Source: Read Full Article